Evaluation of Abortion Restrictions Project
Since 2010, there has been a sharp rise in the number of state-level restrictions targeting abortion care. Little research has been done to evaluate the effect of these newer restrictions on women.
ANSIRH’s Evaluation of Restrictions Project aims to examine the effects on women of state-level abortion restrictions and to identify strategies to mitigate the negative impacts. The project started in 2013 and has so far conducted research in seven states and evaluated the effects of a variety of restrictions. We continue to identify states and restrictions to evaluate.
- Focus on the impact on women
- Use rigorous research methods
- Document disparate impacts
- Collaborate with local university researchers
- Prioritize new(er) types of restrictions