- McLemore, Monica R., Susan Kools, Amy J. Levi. June 2015. Calculus Formation: Nurses’ Decision-Making in Abortion-Related Care. Research in Nursing & Health. 38(3):222-31.
- McLemore, Monica R., Amy Levi, E. Angel James. June 2015. Recruitment and retention strategies for expert nurses in abortion care provision. Contraception. 91(6):474-9.
- Foster DG, Biggs MA, Phillips KA, Grindlay K, Grossman D. May 2015. Potential public sector cost-savings from over-the-counter access to oral contraceptives. Contraception. 91(5):373-9.
- Harries J, Gerdts C, Momberg M, Greene Foster D. March 2015. An exploratory study of what happens to women who are denied abortions in Cape Town, South Africa. Reprod Health. 21;12(1):21.
- Mauldon, Jane, Foster, Diana Greene, Roberts, Sarah C.M. March 2015. Effect of Abortion vs. Carrying to Term on a Woman’s Relationship with the Man Involved in the Pregnancy. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 47(1):TK.
- Roberts SC, Delucchi K, Wilsnack SC, Foster DG. March 2015. Receiving Versus Being Denied a Pregnancy Termination and Subsequent Alcohol Use: A Longitudinal Study. Alcohol and Alcoholism. 18. pii: agv021. [Epub ahead of print]
- Roberts SC, Foster, Diana Greene. March 2015. Receiving versus being denied an abortion and subsequent tobacco use. Maternal and Child Health Journal. 19(3):438-446.
- Kimport K, Weitz TA. February 2015. Constructing the meaning of ultrasound viewing in abortion care. Sociol Health Illn. [Epub ahead of print]
- Upadhyay, Ushma D. PhD, MPH; Desai, Sheila MPH; Zlidar, Vera MHS; Weitz, Tracy A. PhD, MPA; Grossman, Daniel MD; Anderson, Patricia MPH; Taylor, Diana PhD, RNP. Incidence of Emergency Department Visits and Complications After Abortion. January 2015. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 125(1):175-83
- Freedman, Lori. Winter 2014. Forgiveness in the Abortion Clinic. Atrium, The Report of the Northwestern Medical Humanities and Bioethics Program. 12:6-8.
- Dehlendorf C, Kimport K, Levy K, Steinauer J. December 2014. A qualitative analysis of approaches to contraceptive counseling. Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 46(4):233-40.
- Gerdts C, DePiñeres T, Hajri S, Harries J, Hossain A, Puri M, Vohra D, Foster DG. December 2014. Denial of abortion in legal settings. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care. 2014 pii: jfprhc-2014-100999.
- Kimport, K, Weitz, Tracy A, Foster, Diana Greene. December 2014. Beyond Political Claims: Women’s Interest In and Emotional Response to Viewing Their Ultrasound Image in Abortion Care. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, 46(4):185-91.
- Biggs, M.A., Upadhyay, Ushma, Steinberg, Julia, Foster, Diana Greene. November 2014. Does abortion reduce self-esteem and life satisfaction? Quality of Life Research. 23(9):2505-13.
- McLemore, Monica R., Sheila Desai, Freedman, Lori, Evelyn Angel James, Taylor, Diana. November 2014. Women Know Best—Findings from a Thematic Analysis of 5,214 Surveys of Abortion Care Experience. Women’s Health Issues, 24(6):594–599.
- Roberts, Sarah C.M., Wilsnack, Sharon C., Foster, Diana Greene, Delucchi, Kevin L. November 2014. Alcohol Use Before and During Unwanted Pregnancy. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 38(11):2844-52.
- Stulberg DB, Hoffman Y, Dahlquist IH, Freedman LR. October 2014. Tubal ligation in Catholic hospitals: a qualitative study of ob-gyns’ experiences. Contraception. 90(4):422-8.
- Weitz TA, Taylor D, Upadhyay UD, Desai S, Battistelli M. October 2014. Research informs abortion care policy change in California. Am J Public Health. 104(10):e3-4.
- Roberts, Sarah CM, Biggs, M Antonia, Chibber, Karuna S., Gould, Heather, Rocca, Corinne H, Foster, Diana Greene. September 2014. Risk of violence from the man involved in the pregnancy after receiving or being denied an abortion. BMC Medicine. 12:144.
- Upadhyay. Ushma D., Weitz, Tracy A., Jones, Rachel K., Barar R, Foster, Diana Greene. September 2014. Denial of Abortion Because of Provider Gestational Age Limits in the United States. American Journal of Public Health. 104(9):1687-94.
- Kimport, Katrina. August 2014. Book Review: The Foetal Condition: A Sociology of Engendering and Abortion by Luc Boltanski. Gender and Society. 28(4): 645-647.
- Foster DG, Grossman D, Turok DK, Peipert JF, Prine L, Schreiber CA, Jackson AV, Barar RE, Schwarz EB. July 2014. Interest in and experience with IUD self-removal. Contraception. 90(1):54-9.
- Joffe C. July 2014. Commentary: abortion provider stigma and mainstream medicine. Women & Health. 2014;54(7):666-71.
- Grindlay K, Foster DG, Grossman D. June 2014. Attitudes toward over-the-counter access to oral contraceptives among a sample of abortion clients in the United States. Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 46(2):83-9.
- Harris, Laura F, Roberts, Sarah CM, Biggs, M Antonia, Rocca, Corinne H, Foster, Diana Greene. June 2014. Perceived stress and emotional social support among women who are denied or receive abortions in the United States: a prospective cohort study. BMC Women’s Health. 14:76.
- Upadhyay, Ushma D., Jessica D. Gipson, Mellissa Withers, Shayna Lewis, Erica J. Ciaraldi, Ashley Fraser, Megan J. Huchko, and Ndola Prata. June 2014. Women’s empowerment and fertility: A review of the literature. Social Science & Medicine 115(2014):111-120.
- Drabble, Laurie, Thomas, Sue, O’Connor Lisa, Roberts, Sarah. May 2014. State Responses to Alcohol Use and Pregnancy: Findings From the Alcohol Policy Information System. Journal of Social Work Practice in the Addictions. 14(2):191-206.
- Sisson, Gretchen, Kimport, Katrina. May 2014. Telling stories about abortion: abortion-related plots in American film and television, 1916-2013. Contraception. 89(5):413-8.
- Swanson M, Karasek D, Drey E, Foster DG. May 2014. Delayed pregnancy testing and second-trimester abortion: can public health interventions assist with earlier detection of unintended pregnancy? Contraception. 89(5):400-6.
- Ralph, Lauren, Gould, Heather, Baker, Anne, Foster DG. April 2014. The Role of Parents in Minor’s Decisions to Have an Abortion and Anticipated Coping After Abortion. Journal of Adolescent Health. 54(4):428-34.
- Steinauer JE, Turk JK, Preskill F, Devaskar S, Freedman L, Landy U. April 2014. Impact of partial participation in integrated family planning training on medical knowledge, patient communication and professionalism. Contraception. 89(4):278-85.
- Roberts, Sarah, Gould, Heather, Kimport, Katrina, Weitz, Tracy, Foster, Diana Greene. March–April 2014. Out-of-Pocket Costs and Insurance Coverage for Abortion in the United States. Women’s Health Issues. (24)2:e211-218.
- Upadhyay, Ushma, Dworkin, Shari, Weitz, T, Foster, Diana Greene. March 2014. Development and Validation of a Reproductive Autonomy Scale. Studies in Family Planning. 45(1):19-41.
- Weitz, Tracy. March 2014. Designing and Conducting Research to Make Real Social Change in Abortion Care. American Sociological Association Footnotes. 42(3):1,10.
- Chibber, Karuna, Biggs, M Antonia, Roberts, Sarah, Foster, Diana Greene. February 2014. The Role of Intimate Partners in Women’s Reasons for Seeking Abortion. Women’s Health Issues. 24(1):e131-138
- Dobkin, L, Gould H, Barar R,, Ferrari, M, Weiss, E, Foster DG. January 2014. Implementing a Prospective Study of Women Seeking Abortion in the United States: Understanding and Overcoming Barriers to Recruitment. Women’s Health Issues. 24 (1):115-123.
- Freedman, Lori R. and Levi, Amy. January 2014. How Clinicians Develop Confidence in Their Competence in Performing Aspiration Abortion. Qualitative Health Research. 24(1):78-89.
- Gatter, Mary, Kimport, Katrina, Foster, Diana Greene, Weitz, Tracy, Upadhyay. Ushma D. January 2014. Relationship Between Ultrasound Viewing and Proceeding to Abortion. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 123(1):81-87.
- Ingraham, Natalie, Roberts SC, Weitz, Tracy. January 2014. Prior Family Planning Experiences of Obese Women Seeking Abortion Care. Women’s Health Issues. 24(1):125-130
- Roberts, Sarah C.M., Rocca, Corinne H., Foster, Diana Greene. January 2014. Receiving versus being denied an abortion and subsequent drug use. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 134:63-70.
- Joffe C. Winter 2013. Roe v. Wade and Beyond: Forty Years of Legal Abortion in the United States. Dissent, 60(1):54-59.
- Jesudason, Sujatha, Kimport, Katrina. December 2013. Decentering the Individual and Centering Community. Frontiers: A Journal of Women’s Studies. 34(3):213-225.
- Kimport, Katrina, Foster, Diana Greene. December 2013. Who Seeks Abortion at or After 20 Weeks? Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health 45(4): 210-218.
- Kimport, Katrina, Ushma D. Upadhyay, Diana Greene Foster, Mary Gatter, Tracy A. Weitz. November 2013. Patient Viewing of the Ultrasound Image Prior to Abortion. Contraception 88(5): 666-670
- Dehlendorf, Christine, Lisa Harris, Tracy A. Weitz. October 2013. Disparities in Abortion Rates: A Public Health Approach. American Journal of Public Health. 103(10):1772-9].
- Roberts, Dorothy, Jesudason, Sujatha. October 2013. Movement Intersectionality – The Case of Race, Gender, Disability, and Genetic Technologies. Du Bois Review: Social Science Research on Race. 10(2):313-328.
- Rocca, Corinne H., Kimport, Katrina, Gould, Heather, and Foster, Diana G. September 2013. Women’s Emotions One Week After Receiving or Being Denied an Abortion in the United States. Perspect Sex Repro H. 45(3):122-31.
- Cockrill, Kate and Nack, Adina. August 2013. “I’m Not That Type of Person”: Managing the Stigma of Having an Abortion. Deviant Behavior, 34:12, 973-990, DOI: 10.1080/01639625.2013.800423.
- Freedman, Lori R. & Debra B. Stulberg. August 2013. Conflicts in Care for Obstetric Complications in Catholic Hospitals. AJOB Primary Research. 4:4, 1-10.
- Gould H, Diana Greene Foster, Alissa C. Perrucci, Rana E. Barar,Sarah C.M. Roberts. July–August 2013. Predictors of Abortion Counseling Receipt and Helpfulness in the United States. Women’s Health Issues. 23(4):e249-55.
- Biggs, M Antonia, Heather Gould and Diana Greene Foster. July 2013. Understanding why women seek abortions in the US. BMC Women’s Health 2013, 13:29.
- Cockrill. Kate, Ushma D. Upadhyay, Janet Turan, Diana Greene Foster. June 2013. The Stigma of Having an Abortion: Development of a Scale and Characteristics of Women Experiencing Abortion Stigma. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health 45(2):79–88.
- Jones, Rachel K., Ushma D. Upadhyay, & Tracy A. Weitz. May 2013. At What Cost? Payment for Abortion Care by U.S. Women. Women’s Health Issues 23-3 (2013) e173–e178.
- Taylor, Diana, Debbie Postlethwaite, Sheila Desai, E. Angel James, Amanda W. Calhoun, Katharine Sheehan, and Tracy A. Weitz. April 2013. Multiple Determinants of the Abortion Care Experience: From the Patient’s Perspective. American Journal of Medical Quality. 28(6):510-8.
- Weitz TA; Taylor D, Desai S, Upadhyay UD, Battistelli MF, Waldman J, Drey EA. March 2013. Safety of Aspiration Abortion Performed by Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwives and Physician Assistants under a California Legal Waiver. American Journal of Public Health. 103(3):454-61.
- Berg JA, Taylor D, Woods NF. Women’s Health Expert Panel of the American Academy of Nursing. January–February 2013. Where we are today: prioritizing women’s health services and health policy. A report by the Women’s Health Expert Panel of the American Academy of Nursing. Nursing Outlook 61(1):5-15.
- Biggs MA, Foster DG. January 2013. Misunderstanding the Risk of Conception from Unprotected and Protected Sex. Womens Health Issues. 23(1):e47-53.
- Foster DG; Kimport K, Gould H; Roberts SC, Weitz, TA. January 2013. Effect of abortion protesters on women’s emotional response to abortion. Contraception 87(1):81-7.
- Foster, Diana Greene, Loren M. Dobkin; Ushma D. Upadhyay. January 2013. Denial of abortion care due to gestational age limits. Contraception 87(1):3-5.
- Gerdts C, Vohra D, Ahern J. January 2013. Measuring Unsafe Abortion-Related Mortality: A Systematic Review of the Existing Methods. PLoS ONE. 8(1): e53346.
- Goldstein, Rachel L., M.D.; Upadhyay, Ushma D., Ph.D., M.P.H.; Raine, Tina R., M.D., M.P.H. January 2013. With Pills, Patches, Rings, and Shots: Who Still Uses Condoms? A Longitudinal Cohort Study. Journal of Adolescent Health. 52(1):77-82.
- Joffe C. January 2013. The Politicization of Abortion and the Evolution of Abortion Counseling. American Journal of Public Health, 103(1):57-65.
- Kimport, Katrina. 2013. Marrying for the Kids: Gender, Sexual Identity, and Family in Same-sex Marriage, in Marla H. Kohlman, Dana B. Krieg, Bette J. Dickerson (ed.) Notions of Family: Intersectional Perspectives (Advances in Gender Research, Volume 17), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.67-88.
- Kimport, Katrina. December 2012. Remaking the White Wedding? Same-Sex Wedding Photographs’ Challenge to Symbolic Heteronormativity. Gender & Society. 26(6):874-899.
- Weitz, Tracy A, and Katrina Kimport. December 2012. A Need to Change Our Thinking about ‘Repeat’ Abortions. Contraception. 71(8):616-23.
- Baralt, Lori, and Tracy A. Weitz. November 2012. The Komen–Planned Parenthood Controversy: Bringing the Politics of Breast Cancer Advocacy to the Forefronts. Women’s Health Issues 22(6):e509-e512.
- Kimport, Katrina, Felisa Preskill, Kate Cockrill, & Tracy A. Weitz. November 2012. Women’s Perspectives on Ultrasound Viewing in the Abortion Care Context. Women’s Health Issues 22(6):e513-e517.
- Roberts SC, Avalos LA, Sinkford D, Foster DG. November–December 2012. Alcohol, tobacco and drug use as reasons for abortion. Alcohol and Alcoholism. 47(6):640-8.
- Upadhyay, UD. October 2012. Addressing reproductive autonomy to prevent repeat unintended pregnancy. Contraception. 86(4):425-426.
- Weitz, Tracy. Fall 2012. “Producing and Mobilizing Science to Oppose Abortion Rights in the United States.” Western Humanities Review (Western Humanities Alliance Special Issue—Health Rights at the Crossroads: Women, New Science, and Institutional Violence) 2012, LXVI(3): 103-117.
- Levi, Amy; Angel James, Evelyn; Taylor, Diana. September 2012. Midwives and Abortion Care: A Model for Achieving Competency. Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health 57(3):1542-2011.
- Fogel, Susan Berke and Tracy A. Weitz. August 2012. “The limits and potential of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) in promoting women’s health.” Reproductive Laws for the 21st Century Papers. Washington, DC: Center for Women Policy Studies .
- Foster, Diana Greene; Heather Gould, Katrina Kimport. July 2012. How women anticipate coping after an abortion. Contraception. 86(1):84-90.
- Joffe C, Parker WJ. July 2012. Editorial: Race, reproductive politics and reproductive health care in the contemporary United States. Contraception, 86(1):1-3.
- Roberts, Sarah C.M. July 2012. Macro-level gender equality and alcohol consumption: A multi-level analysis across U.S. states. Social Science & Medicine 75(1):60-8.
- Foster, Diana Greene; Gould, Heather; Taylor, Jessica; Weitz, Tracy A. June 2012. Attitudes and Decision Making Among Women Seeking Abortions at One U.S. Clinic. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health 42(2):117-24.
- Morse, Jessica; Freedman, Lori; Speidel, J. Joseph; Thompson, Kirsten M.J.; Stratton, Laura; Harper, Cynthia C. June 2012. Postabortion Contraception: Qualitative Interviews On Counseling and Provision of Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptive Methods. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health 42(2):100-6.
- Upadhyay, UD, Karasek D. June 2012. “Women’s Empowerment and Ideal Family Size: An Examination of DHS Empowerment Measures In Sub-Saharan Africa.” International Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 38(2):78-89.
- Berg, Judith A; Olshansky, Ellen; Shaver, Joan; Taylor, Diana; Fugate Woods, Nancy. May 2012. Women’s health in jeopardy: Failure to curb unintended pregnancies: A statement from the AAN Women’s Health Expert Panel. Nursing Outlook. 60(3):163-4.
- Biggs MA, Karasek D, Foster DG. May 2012. Unprotected Intercourse among Women Wanting to Avoid Pregnancy: Attitudes, Behaviors, and Beliefs. Womens Health Issues 22(3):e311-8.
- Gould H, Perrucci A, Barar R, Sinkford D, Foster DG. May 2012. Patient Education and Emotional Support Practices in Abortion Care Facilities in the United States. Women’s Health Issues. 22(4):e359-64.
- Kimport, Katrina. May 2012. (Mis)Understanding Abortion Regret. Symbolic Interaction. 35(2):105–122. (Watch short video of Dr. Kimport introducing her research.)
- Kimport, Katrina, Kate Cockrill & Tracy A. Weitz. February 2012. Analyzing the impacts of abortion clinic structures and processes: A qualitative analysis of women’s negative experience of abortion clinics. Contraception 85(2):204-10.
- Freedman, Lori and Tracy A. Weitz. January 2012. The Politics of Motherhood Meets the Politics of Poverty. Contemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews 41(1):36-42.
- Upadhyay, UD, Brown BA, Sokoloff A, Raine TR. January 2012. Contraceptive discontinuation and repeat unintended pregnancy within 1 year after an abortion. Contraception, 85(1):56–62.
- Kimport, Katrina. 2012. Organizational Dominance and its Consequences in the Online Abortion Rights and Antiabortion Movements. In Jennifer Earl, Deana A. Rohlinger (ed.) Media, Movements, and Political Change (Research in Social Movements, Conflicts and Change, Volume 33), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.139-161.
- Kimport, Katrina, Alissa Perrucci & Tracy A. Weitz. December 2011. Addressing the Silence in the Noise: How Abortion Support Talklines Meet Some Women’s Needs for Non-Political Discussion of Their Experiences. Women & Health (online).
- Levi, A. and K. Q. Dau. November/December 2011. “Meeting the National Health Goal to Reduce Unintended Pregnancy.” Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, 40(6): 775-781.
- McLemore, Monica, Amy Levi. November/December 2011. Nurses and Care of Women Seeking Abortions, 1971 to 2011. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, 40(6):672–677.
- Taylor, D. November/December 2011. “Reframing Unintended Pregnancy Prevention: A Public Health Model.”Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, 40(6): 782-793.
- Taylor, D. and E. A. James. November/December 2011. “An Evidence-Based Guideline for Unintended Pregnancy Prevention.” Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, 40(6): 773-774.
- O’Donnell, Jenny; Tracy A. Weitz; Lori R. Freedman. November 2011. Resistance and vulnerability to stigmatization in abortion work. Social Science & Medicine, 73(9): 1357–1364.
- Foster, D; R. Barar, H. Gould, T. Weitz. September 2011. “Effect of clinic protesters on women’s emotional response to abortion.” Contraception 84(3):303.
- Joffe, Carole. September 2011. Working with Dr. Tiller: Staff Recollections Of Women’s Health Care Services of Wichita. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, 43(3): 199–204. Posted with the permission of Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Kimport, K., Foster, K. and Weitz, T. A. June 2011. Social Sources of Women’s Emotional Difficulty After Abortion: Lessons from Women’s Abortion Narratives. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, 43: 103–109.
- Foster DG, Higgins JA, Biggs AM, McCain C, Holtby S, Brindis CD. April 2011. “Willingness to Have Unprotected Sex.” Journal of Sex Research 2011:1-8.
- Foster, Diana Greene; Hulett, Denis; Bradsberry, Mary; Darney, Philip; Policar, Michael. March 2011. “Number of Oral Contraceptive Pill Packages Dispensed and Subsequent Unintended Pregnancies.” Obstetrics & Gynecology 117(3):566-572.
- Raine TR, Foster-Rosales A, Upadhyay, UD, Boyer CB, Brown BA, Sokoloff A, Harper CC. February 2011. One-year contraceptive continuation and pregnancy in adolescent girls and women initiating hormonal contraceptives. Obstet Gynecol., 117(2 Pt 1):363-71.
- Upadhyay, UD, Cockrill, K, Freedman, L. December 2010. Informing Abortion Counseling: An Examination of Evidence-based Practices Used in Emotional Care for Other Stigmatized and Sensitive Health Issues. Patient Education and Counseling.
- Upadhyay, UD, Karasek D. December 2010. “Women’s Empowerment and Achievement of Desired Fertility in Sub-Saharan Africa.” USAID DHS Working Papers 2010:1-38.
- Wallace, Robin R.; Suzan Goodman; Lori R.Freedman; Vanessa K. Dalton; and Lisa H. Harris. December 2010. “Counseling women with early pregnancy failure: Utilizing evidence, preserving preference.” Patient education and counseling. 81(3):454-61.
- Weitz, Tracy Ann and Kate Cockrill. December 2010. “Abortion clinic patients’ opinions about obtaining abortions from general women’s health care providers.” Patient Education and Counseling 81(3):409–414.
- Weitz, Tracy. “Wanting Abortion to be More Accessible Rather than More Rare or Less Needed.” Women’s Health Activist Newsletter, September/October, 2010. (For a more in-depth look at this topic, see Weitz, TA. 2010, below.)
- Freedman, Lori R., Uta Landy, Philip Darney and Jody Steinauer. September 2010. “Obstacles to the Integration of Abortion Into Obstetrics and Gynecology Practice.” Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health 42(3).
- Phillips KA, Grossman D, Weitz, TA, Trussell J. August 2010. Bringing evidence to the debate on abortion coverage in health reform legislation: findings from a national survey in the United States. Contraception, 82(2010):129–130.
- Foster, DG, Raine, TR, Brindis, CD, Rostovtseva, D, Darney, PD. July-August 2010. “Should providers give women advance provision of emergency contraception pills? A cost effectiveness analysis.” Women’s Health Issues 20(4): 242-247.
- Dobkin, Loren. June 7, 2010. “Perspectives: Nursing Health Care.” KQED Radio.
- Freedman, Lori R., Uta Landy, and Jody Steinauer. June 2010. “Obstetrician-gynecologist experiences with abortion training: physician insights from a qualitative study.”Contraception, 81(2010):525-530.
- Joffe, Carole. May 24, 2010. “Anti-Choice Woman-Hating Goes Mainstream.” RH Reality Check.
- Taylor, Diana, Amy Levi, and Katherine Simmonds. May 2010. “Reframing Unintended Pregnancy Prevention: A Public Health Model.” Contraception. 81(2010):363-366.
- Weitz, Tracy A. April 28, 2010. “Misusing Science Risks Women’s Health: Nebraska Lawmakers Manufacture Scientific Controversy to Forward an Anti-Abortion Agenda.” Science Progress.
- Weitz, Tracy A and Susan Berke Fogel. January–February 2010. “The Denial of Abortion Care Information, Referrals, and Services Undermines Quality Care for U.S. Women.” Women’s Health Issues. 20(1):7-11.
- Cockrill K and Weitz TA. January–February 2010. Abortion Patients’ Perceptions of Abortion Regulation. Women’s Health Issues. 20(1):12-19.
- Weitz, TA. Fall 2010. Rethinking the Mantra that Abortion Should be “Safe, Legal, and Rare.” Journal of Women’s History. 22(3):161-172.
- Joffe, C and Weitz TA. Spring 2010. Abortion Attitudes and Availability, Contexts. 9(2):64-65.
- Fogel, Susan Berke and Tracy A. Weitz. 2010. Health Care Refusals: Undermining Quality Care for Women. Los Angeles, CA: National Health Law Program.
- Joffe, C and Weitz TA. November 10, 2009. The Assassination of Dr. Tiller: The Marginality of Abortion in American Culture and Medicine, Dissent online.
- Joffe, Carole. October 06, 2009. “What Health Care Reform Could Be for Women’s Health.” BeaconBroadside.com.
- Levi, A, Simmonds, K, Taylor, D. September 2009. The role of nursing in the management of unintended pregnancy. Nursing Clinics of North American, 44(3):301-314.
- Weitz, Tracy A, Patricia Anderson, Diana Taylor. August 2009. “Advancing Scope of Practice for APCs: More than a Matter of Access.” Contraception 80:105-107.
- Weitz, TA. June 2009. What Physicians Need to Know about the Legal Status of Abortion in the United States. Clinical Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2009:52(2):130-139.
- Joffe, Carole. Summer 2009. “Hard Times=Hard Choices.” MsMagazine.com.
- Jones, Bonnie Scott, and Tracy A. Weitz. April 2009. “Legal barriers to second-trimester abortion provision and public health consequences.” American Journal of Public Health 99(4):623-30.
- Foster, Diana Greene, Daria P. Rostovtseva, Claire D. Brindis, M. Antonia Biggs, Denis Hulett, and Philip D. Darney. March 2009. “Cost Savings From the Provision of Specific Methods of Contraception in a Publicly Funded Program.” American Journal of Public Health. 99(3):446-51.
- Taylor, Diana, Barbara Safriet, and Tracy Weitz. January 2009. “When Politics Trumps Evidence: Legislative or Regulatory Exclusion of Abortion From Advanced Practice Clinician Scope of Practice.” Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health, 54(1):4-7.
- Joffe, Carole. 2009. “Dispatches from the Abortion Wars: The Costs of Fanaticism to Doctors, Patients and the Rest of Us. Boston, MA: Beacon Press.
- Taylor D, Safriet B, Dempsey G, Kruse B, Jackson C. 2009. Providing abortion care: A professional toolkit for nurse-midwives, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. San Francisco: University of California, San Francisco.
- Freedman, Lori R., Uta Landy, and Jody Steinauer. October 2008. “When There’s a Heartbeat: Miscarriage Management in Catholic-Owned Hospitals.” American Journal of Public Health 98(10):1774-1778.
- Levi, Amy. September–October 2008. “Examining Ourselves: Exploring Assumptions about Teaching Pelvic Examinations in Midwifery Education.” Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health, 53(5):403-5.
- Walker, Deborah S., Joan M. Visger, and Amy Levi. September–October 2008. “Midwifery Data Collection: Options and Opportunities.” Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health. 53(5):421-429.
- Foster, Diana Greene, M. Antonia Biggs, Lauren J. Ralph, Abigail Arons, and Claire D. Brindis. September–October 2008. “Family Planning and Life Planning: Reproductive Intentions Among Individuals Seeking Reproductive Health Care.” Women’s Health Issues 18:351-359.
- Weitz, Tracy A, Kirsten Moore, Rivka Gordon, and Nancy Adler. August 2008. “You Say ‘Regret’ and I Say ‘Relief’: A Need to Break the Polemic About Abortion.” Contraception 78(2):87-9.
- Weitz, Tracy A. and Susan Yanow. May 2008. “Implications of the Federal Abortion Ban for Women’s Health in the United States.” Reproductive Health Matters. 16(31 Suppl):99-107.
- Foster, Diana Greene, Rebecca A. Jackson, Kate Cosby, Tracy A. Weitz, Philip D. Darney, Eleanor A. Drey. April 2008. “Predictors of Delay in Each Step Leading to an Abortion.” Contraception 77(4):289-293.
- Paul, Maureen, Kristin Nobel, Suzan Goodman, Panna Lossy, Joann E. Moschella, and Hali Hammer. March 2007. “Abortion training in three family medicine programs: resident and patient outcomes.” Family Medicine 39(3):184-9.
- Dunn, Jennifer Templeton, and Rachel Bravo. Fall 2007. “The Reality v. the Law: Abortion Access in California.” California Women Lawyers Newsletter.
- Dunn, Jennifer Templeton, and Maya Manian. Summer 2007. “Gonzales v. Carhart: A Threat to Women’s Health and Reproductive Freedom.” California Women Lawyers Newsletter.
- Paul, Maureen, and Kristin Nobel. April 2005. “Papaya: a simulation model for training in uterine aspiration.” Family Medicine 37(4):242-4.