Dr. Felicia Stewart, one of ANSIRH’s two founders, worked tirelessly to advance reproductive health over her three decades in the field. She is remembered by her friends and colleagues as a fearless leader and advocate for compassionate, evidence-based reproductive health care.
In her honor, ANSIRH and the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP) have created the Stewart Center East, in Washington, DC, and the Stewart Center West, located in Oakland, California, in new office space shared by the ANSIRH program, the University of California San Francisco’s Program on Reproductive Health and the Environment, and ARHP’s west coast satellite office. Both Centers will provide community meeting space at no cost for reproductive health and rights work.
To reserve the Stewart Center West for your next meeting or event, please contact ANSIRH’s Office Manager by phone—(510) 986-8924—or email.
Please note that the conference room is heavily utilized by ANSIRH faculty and staff during the week. The best times to reserve the room are evenings and weekends.
The Stewart Center West includes a large conference room and a reception area conveniently located near the front of the office.
Large conference room:
- Projector: LCD projection through a wide screen TV
- Video conferencing capability
- Telephone: Poly-com conference phone
- Other: Easels, flip-charts, and markers
- Seating: seat up to 25 people around conference table or in classroom style seating at tables, with an additional 10 chairs that can be used without tables; tables are on wheels and can be removed altogether, to offer seating for up to 35 people without tables
- Convenient entrance to conference rooms so attendees do not have to walk through offices
- Washrooms just down the hallway
- Glassware, plates, bowls, and cutlery for 24 people
- Coffee makers and carafes
- Filtered cold water and hot pot for heated water
- Refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher
- Recycling for mixed paper, plastics, cans, and glass
You are welcome to bring in your own food items, or we can furnish you with food delivery options in the area. Due to a severe allergy of some of our staff, please do not include any mango items in your food choices when hosting an event on our site. See Stewart Center West guidelines.
We are trying to be a low- or zero-waste conference site. We do not have disposable items on site, including bottled water. If you would like to use disposable items or bottled water, you will need to furnish and dispose of those items yourself.
The building is open Monday through Friday from 7 am to 7 pm. If your meeting is within that time frame, no additional arrangements have to be made.
For meetings that begin later than 7 pm or that are to be held on a weekend, a list of attendees must be submitted to ANSIRH 48 hours in advance. Security personnel need this list in order to admit attendees to the building after hours. Attendees not on the list will not be let in. See Stewart Center West guidelines.
Heating and air conditioning operates during building office hours. Special arrangements may need to be made if your meeting extends beyond the regular office hours.
The Stewart Center West is located at 1330 Broadway, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612. The entrance to the building is on Broadway, between 13th and 14th Streets.
Parking is available in the building (entrance on 13th Street).
The closest BART stop is 12th Street/Oakland City Center.
To reserve the Stewart Center West for your next meeting or event, please contact ANSIRH program staff at 510-986-8924 or email us.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions before hosting your event at our site. We look forward to having you.